WHAT IS CUSTOM MADE OCULAR PROSTHESIS?
Custom made ocular prosthesis is the non-optical device designed according to the patient’s socket. It is painted & prefabricated as to closely match the patient’s natural eye.
WHEN IS CUSTOM MADE OCULAR PROSTHESIS REQUIRED BY THE PATIENT?
• Any patient who has undergone enucleation or evisceration surgery or exenterated eye.
• Congenital anophthalmia or microphthalmia.
• Disfigured eye with volume loss.
• Patient having corneal scar & which is totally blind.
• Painful blind eye/ anterior staphyloma after having preliminary surgery
• Phthisis bulbi
• The patient who is using stock eye and experiencing irritation, discharge, watering & poor cosmesis with the stock eye.
For more details contact Svadha Prosthetics Center